The call is part of the programme ‘Exposing Corruption in Albania’, supported by the Open Society Foundation in Albania (OSFA), the Balkan Trust for Democracy (BTD) and the National Endowment for Democracy, NED.
The purpose of the programme is to contribute to overall democratization processes in Albania by bridging the gap between civil society organizations and journalists, building their capacities and creating common ground for joint action in exposing corruption cases in the country, by providing journalists with necessary reporting skills, and regular reporting in the Albanian language on the misuse of power in the country.
BIRN Albania seeks three monitoring experts, who will be engaged for a three-month period, starting August 20, 2014, to monitor six media outlets, three newspapers and three national television stations.
The successful candidates should fulfill the following requirements:
– University degree, preferably in communications or journalism;
– Excellent Albanian and English language skills;
– Previous experience in media monitoring or media development;
– Excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
The candidates who are chosen will have the following responsibilities:
– Daily monitoring of articles on corruption in selected media outlets for a three-month period;
– Preparing daily reports on published or broadcast stories;
– Contributing to data analysis for a monitoring study;
– Contributing to the writing of the media monitoring study.
Deadline for applications is August 12, 2014.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interested candidates should send a CV and a letter of interest to Kristina.Voko@birn.eu.com
BIRN Albania is an equal opportunity employer.