Montenegro faces significant challenges related to corruption, impacting its economy and human rights. Despite the government prioritizing the fight against corruption, results are often inadequate, contributing to political instability and societal divisions. The project aims to bridge the gap between citizens, civil society and local media, empowering them to collaboratively identify, report and combat corruption, particularly in healthcare, education and the environment.
- Strengthen capacities of local media, civil society and citizens to identify and report corruption in healthcare.
- Empower civil society and media to report and counter corruption at national and local levels.
- Improve constructive engagement between civil society, government and private sector on policies related to healthcare.
Outputs and Activities:
- For Media Outlets: Cases of corruption in healthcare throughout Montenegro identified and revealed though developing factual and objective in-depth articles on healthcare based on the needs of local communities
- For CSO’s: Improved anti-corruption policies, laws and/or practices in healthcare through developing anti-corruption policy papers based on the needs of local communities
- Increased public awareness in Montenegro regarding the significance of anti-corruption efforts and the mechanisms for public interaction through enforcing anti-corruption campaign via mainstream and social media
Eligibility and Grants:
- Maximum grant amount: $12,430.00
- Number of grants: 6
- Total estimated amount: $74,580.00
- No co-financing required from applicants.
- Eligible entities: Registered CSOs and media outlets in Montenegro.
- Eligible activities: Development of anti-corruption stories/policy papers, implementation of promotional campaigns, participation in capacity-building initiatives.
- Relevance of proposed story/policy paper
- Financial proposal
- Potential and social impact
- Call issued: November 20, 2023
- Deadline for submission: December 15, 2023
- Information sessions: November 30, 2023
- Notification to successful applicants: January 2024
To read the full call to apply, click HERE.
Join the fight against corruption in Montenegro – Apply now!
Contacts: Vuk Maraš and Gentiana Murati Kapo at firstname.lastname@example.org