Who can apply?
Candidates from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Greece, Hungary, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia and Romania are welcome to apply for this position.
As a Country Researcher, you will be involved in gathering and assessing evidence on responsible AI commitments and progress in your designated country, contributing to advancing accountable and rights-based AI principles globally.
The main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Collecting and evaluating data on your nation’s AI commitments and advancements.
- Contributing to global best practices for responsible AI.
- Attending essential training courses on GIRAI tools, methodology and data collection.
- Complying with data quality standards, submission timelines and data collection processes set by GIRAI and BIRN.
- Investigating key AI thematic areas: Gender Equality, Data Protection, Privacy, Bias, Discrimination, Labour Protection, Accountability, Transparency, etc.
- Awareness of recent AI policy developments in your country.
- Proficiency in English and at least one official language of your country.
- Demonstrated experience in data collection and research.
- Ability to work autonomously, meet deadlines and maintain data quality.
- Full-time availability from mid-October 2023 to March 2024.
How to apply
Apply by completing the following application form before September 25, 2023, at 5pm (CET). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.