Through this project, BIRN Kosovo wants to raise awareness among local media on International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) standards, improve skills of journalists and students of journalism on the verification of facts and contribute to increasing the accountability of politicians, state officials and local media, through the measurement of truth using our fact-checking tool, Krypometer.
KCSF – Kosovo Civil Society Foundation
To contribute to educating local media on the standards of fact-checking in order to develop their capacities to use the standards in their daily work.
Specific Objective 1: Contribute to identifying inaccurate media reporting and public statements;
Specific Objective 2: Raising capacities of local media, journalists, and students of journalism on IFCN standards;
Specific Objective 3: Promotion of standards for fact-verification in televised reports.
- Activity 1: Publication of Verification of Facts
- Activity 2: Training for local media on Verification of Facts
- Activity 3: Training with journalists from mainstream media
- Activity 4: One 2-day training course for students of journalism on Verification of Facts
- Activity 5: Televised documentary on false statements by public officials
Local media, including TV and radio in municipalities across Kosovo. Through this project, BIRN Kosovo aspires to particularly benefit students of journalism. In addition, through reporting on BIRN Kosovo’s media platforms, the project strives to educate the public on the importance of accurate news, and specifically, the accuracy and accountability of public officials and political representatives.