The project is designed to address the lack of capacities in civil society organizations, CSOs, to undertake successful advocacy efforts, their lack of cooperation with public authorities at all levels, and citizens’ lack of motivation to join and trust CSO advocacy actions.
By building skills, encouraging citizens’ engagement and improving advocacy programs, the project hopes to contribute to the strengthening of a democratic society.
The initiative is intended to support CSOs in Serbia to test, evaluate and scale their advocacy initiatives in a more strategic way.
Capacity Boost for Advocacy
Mapping, stakeholder and needs analysis
Advocacy training programs for CSOs
CSOs’ Advocacy Actions
Support to local advocacy initiatives
National advocacy initiative toward participatory environment for CSOs
Web Platform for Advanced Reflection and Learning
Development and maintaining of the web Platform
Help Desk–Advocacy Clinic
Communication and Community Outreach
Local and social media outreach and branding and marking activities
Annual Advocacy Award
- Local CSOs implementing advocacy initiatives;
Report on CSOs’ needs, policy environment possibilities in implementation of innovative advocacy practices;
- Delivered capacity building programs and raised level of knowledge and skills;
- At least 50 CSOs in Serbia directly involved in capacity building program;
- Advocated recommendations for participatory environment for CSOs in decision making;
- Produced set of recommendations on innovative advocacy approaches but tailored on community needs;
- Created web Platform for advanced reflection and learning;
- At least 15 case studies of successful advocacy campaign produced;
- 3 successful advocacy initiative awarded
Belgrade Open School (BOS)
Belgrade Fund for Political Excellence (BFPE) and the Balkan Investigative Reporting Network (BIRN).