In close cooperation with JSSP, BIRN Kosovo and Levizja FOL aim to improve efficiency, transparency, and accountability at all levels of the judicial system. This will be achieved through various activities, including montioring of courts, publishing information (articles, reports and inforgrapics ) on the courts’ performance, as well as organising roundtables and TV shows.
USAID’s JSSP Program (Justice System Strengthening Program)
This project aims to strengthen the judicial system by promoting transparency, accountability, and efficiency. Through the activities presented below, we aim to effectively achieve the objectives determined by JSSP.
- Judiciary’s compliance with key transparency and accountability commitments monitored and promoted;
- An empowered and informed society with regards to the courts’ operating activities, challenges, competences, and limitations, and an increased level of public trust in the integrity of judicial institutions;
- An increased level of civic participation and engagement in promoting transparency and accountability within the judicial system;
- An increased level of court spokespersons’ reporting skills with regards to the publication of final court decisions;
- An increased efficiency level of the judiciary system to better solve the high-profile cases related to crime and terrorism.
- Monitor the publication of court decisions in Kosovo Judicial Council (KJC) web portal
- Publish 3 analytic articles and 14 infographics, accompanied with 14 short articles, in KALLXO.com and Levizja FOL’s platforms about the progress in publishing court decisions and case solving statistics
- Publish a final report per cycle on the progress of publishing of court decisions in a multi-stakeholder roundtables with the purpose of generating public discussion
- Announce “The Most Transparent Court” at the end of each cycle
- Monitor the disciplinary complaints filed against judges and the subsequent decisions of KJC and publish a 9-month report
- Monitor and report on the number of final decisions of parallel courts that have been validated
- BIRN Kosovo will broadcast 3 TV shows tackling issues related to this project, and design and broadcast an informative PSA on the publication of court judgments
Relevant actors in the judiciary system, media, and society in general.
Levizja FOL (SPEAK Movement)