Series of at least five investigative articles will be published on BIRN’s platforms, javno.rs and Balkan Insight, while promotion will be organized via social networks. Articles will be offered to national and local media for republishing and initiating their own stories and reports.
It expected that project contributes to increase of public knowledge on sport financing and that it will provoke the reaction of authorities to make improvements of the future practices.
The project is financed by The Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA) and supported by United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- Contribute to transparency of public finances through mapping the mechanisms of budgetary spending in sport
- Uplift the quality of media production by publishing and promoting series of investigative articles via Internet platforms and social networks
- Raise awareness of public and provoke reaction of the authorities introducing them to budgetary practices and possible corruption cases in the financing of sport.
- Production of investigative articles, which encompasses formation of journalistic team, gathering of documentation (using FOI law), analyses of data and documents, writing storis, editorial and publishing on BIRN web platforms.
- Promotion of investigative articles, which includes publishing on javno.rs and other BIRN platforms and promotion on BIRN’s Facebook and Tweeter official accounts. Articles will be offered to other media outlets for republishing and initiating their own stories.
- Public administration / Ministries,
- local self-governments,
- sport clubs and sport associations;
- media, journalists, media organizations;
- broader public.