The project, which runs from August 2012-December 2012, aims to foster fact-based debate and strengthen evidence-based policy making using the examples of the health and education sectors.
The social audit is a tool for improving policy making by evaluating the quality of public budget implementation against key government programmes.
As part of the project, the BIRN Serbia team will draft a social audit report and recommendations which will provide an analysis of the impact of current policies and input for future policy proposals. The report will be presented to the National Assembly of Serbia during public hearings.
The social audit project, which targets lawmakers, the expert community and the general public, is supported by the British Embassy to Serbia.
- To increase governments transparency and accountability in sphere of public finances
- Fact-based debate among stakeholders fostered, resulting in changes in attitudes and policies
- Strengthened and promoted evidence-based policy making, based on the examples of health and education
- Social Audit development and execution: The Social Audit is a tool for improving evidence-based policy making through evaluation of the quality of public budget implementation against the key government programs (within the selected policy areas)
- Social Audit Report and Recommendations: The Social audit Report will provide analysis of the impact of current policies and input for future policy proposals.
- Awareness and competence building: Social audit Report will be presented in the NA of Serbia – at the public hearings in parliamentary boards for health and education.
- Members of Parliament
- Expert community
- General public
- Media reports