At least ten journalists from both countries will produce some 20 long form, in-depth stories, which will be published on local and international level. A selection of stories will be published as an e-book which will be highly redistributed to general public and stakeholders.
Donor: Open Society FoundatioBlack Sea Trust Fund – A German Marshall Projectn, Serbia
To contribute to the confidence building and mutual understanding process among the citizens from Moldova and Romania.
- To involve at least 10 journalists from Moldova and Romania to report on human interest stories relevant for both countries
- To supply local media from both countries with interviews, good-quality analytical articles and opinion pieces
- To support informed debate on key challenges both countries are facing, both at national and regional level.
- BIRN Romania team will activate its network of journalists and stringer from Moldova and Romania but will also launch a public call for contributors. Basic rules of editorial policies and communication will be established.
- BIRN Romania will commission the stories and will schedule their publication date
- Under guidance from BIRN team (on-the-job training), the journalists will write up to 20 long form, in-depth articles. The articles will be published simultaneously on SINOPSIS website and on BIRN’s media partners from Moldova and Romania. A selection of the articles (or brief version of them) will be published in English on the Balkan Insight website and also distributed to an international audience.
- A selection and revised version of the articles will be published as an e-book, which will be distributed to general public and stakeholders.
- At least 10 journalists from Moldova and Romania.
- General public from the above mentioned countries
- International audience interested in the Eastern Europe region.
Several publications from Romania and Moldova