Balkan Investigative Regional Reporting Network – BIRN Hub, seeks one (1) Programme Manager for Media Development and Capacity Building, with 5+ years of relevant experience and a good understanding of Western Balkan countries, media in the region, politics and society.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Management media projects of the organisation, and overseeing and coordinating implementation of activities;
- Developing and implementation of activities under award-winning BIRN’s Investigative Journalism Programme
- Based on needs assessments and evaluations, proposes and manages the process of developing rulebooks, guidelines and modification of existing provisions;
- Acts as a liaison for the Network in terms of capacity building, development and coordinates activities within the Network, related to CBD;
- Organises and implements trainings and other events for the staff of the network and outside audiences;
- Maintains and develops relations with donors, and carries out other reasonably requested administrative and operational duties.
- Extensive project management knowledge and understanding and a proven track record in managing complex, multi-annual and regional programmes with several partners involved,
- Strong knowledge of the media scene and media development processes, including investigative journalism,
- Strong understanding of project and programme based financial planning and monitoring,
- Ability to collect and analyse information, with the aim to provide recommendations, guidance and develop policies,
- Ability to travel all over the Balkans and interact with colleagues from different countries and backgrounds,
- Understanding of capacity building and capacity development, and hands on experience in creation of CB programmes and activities,
- Experience in organisation of events (trainings, conferences, missions),
- Skilled and experienced in communication with donors, partners and other counterparts,
- Excellent written and oral skills in English and at least one of the regional languages,
- Well organised, able to prioritise, goal oriented, multi-tasker,
All interested candidates need to fill out the form on the link, no later than 28 April 2019: https://forms.gle/r5FhRfSPrAGQ4rrc6.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The selected candidate should start work as soon as possible and be based in one of the countries of Western Balkans.
BIRN Hub is a nongovernmental organisation, a part of the Regional BIRN Network, working on in the field of media development, promoting freedom of speech, human rights and democratic values in Southern and Eastern Europe. BIRN has local organisations in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Romania and Serbia, while the Network is editorially also present in Greece, Bulgaria, Croatia, Moldova, Montenegro, Ukraine, the Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary and Slovenia. More information at www.birn.eu.com.
BIRN encourages applicants of both genders, and offers an equal chance to all interested persons, without any prejudice based on any grounds.